Light Your Fire
Experience group herding. Participants will be broken into small groups and must work as a team to herd their horse around an arena of obstacles.
Experience bonding. Each participant will work with a coach in the Round Pen and will have an opportunity to bond with one of our beautiful horses.
As a group, we will process our successes and look to light the fire within each of us.
Step away from your hectic life for a few days. Be amazed by the transformations that happen. Light Your Fire is a retreat for women who are ready to.... Learn. Laugh. Blossom. Play. Grow. Relax. In an absolutely stunning setting (during its most gorgeous season) in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
When is it?
October 18th-21st, 2018
Thursday, Oct. 18th- Arrive, settle in to your room, unwind, explore, and meet for our opening dinner at 6pm.
Friday, Oct. 19th- Gather at Blue Star Ranch for learning, coaching, nature connection, hiking through gorgeous woods and vistas, eating, playing, self-reflection, more learning, coaching, nature connection, basking, celebrating, and toasting. Delightful dinner and then sleep.
Saturday, Oct. 20th- Gather at the Ranch for more meaningful discovery, coaching in the horse ring, hiking & nature connection, eating, playing, self-reflection, more great learning, basking, celebrating, and toasting. A very special celebration dinner and then sleep.
Sunday, Oct. 21st- Final gathering time at the Ranch. This special morning will include crafting a plan to integrate the transformational aspects of the retreat into your life at home. Special ceremony will keep the spark of inspiration lit as you carry your torch back. Wrap up and head home at 11:30am.
Where is it?
Light Your Fire retreat will take place at the fantastic Blue Star Ranch between Highlands and Cashiers, North Carolina. It’s a 90-minute drive from Asheville, NC, 2 hours from Greenville, SC, and 2.5 hours from Atlanta, GA.
Lodging will be available on-site this year, in one of two warm and wonderful homes with double occupancy rooms. Single occupancy housing is available off-site (about a 10-minute drive from the Ranch).
What should I bring?
- A deep desire to have fun and let go.
- An open mind.
- A friend (or 3).
- Comfortable outdoor clothing (dress in layers).
- Closed-toe shoes appropriate for hiking and time in a horse ring.
All lodging will have basic amenities such as towels and a hair dryer.
Who should come?
- Any woman who’s ready to explore ideas and wisdom that’ll lead toward a more fulfilling life.
- Anyone who absolutely loves spending time in nature, and loves doing it in well-appointed spaces (the facilities at Blue Star Ranch are gorgeous!).
Everyone is welcome (unless you are close-minded or extraordinarily grumpy).
- Your registration for Light Your Fire includes three nights of lodging at the gorgeous Blue Star Ranch (double occupancy). Single occupancy lodging is at Laurelwood Inn, a 10-minute drive from Blue Star Ranch.
- Chef prepared meals, from Thursday night dinner through Sunday morning brunch (snacks, too).
- All activities, workshop and learning sessions, group coaching, and equine assisted coaching.
- Program materials and goodies.
- Incredible support from your fearless leaders and the Blue Star Ranch staff.
The only thing you need to cover? Your travel expenses to and from the retreat. Traveling in the Blue Ridge Mountains during the peak fall color season will make the journey unforgettable.
As a bonus, you’ll have a 1:1 coaching session with Jill or Margaret after you return home to help you keep the magic going.
How much does it cost?
- $2060 for on-site Double Occupancy Lodging.
- $2460 for off-site Single Occupancy Lodging (10-minute drive from the Ranch).
- A $250 deposit holds your spot.
- Payment plans are available.
Certified Master Life Coach
Jill Farmer is a master certified life coach, executive coach, consultant, and author. She’s the original founder of the Light Your Fire retreat. She works with individuals, companies, and organizations to help heal their overwhelm so they can thrive.Learn More About Light Your Fire
Learn More About Jill
Certified Master Life Coach & Equus Trained Coach
Learn More About Margaret
Master Life Coach & Equine Coach
Dr. Trish Ring has been practicing psychotherapy since 1990 and has reinvented her practice many times – as a professor, consultant, radio host, author, and coach. Her career has taken her on many paths of discovery and magical happenings, and she now devotes her time to coaching executives, workshop participants, and fellow coaches at Blue Star Ranch in Cashiers, NC – the premier equine coaching facility in the American Southeast, where she and her husband, Carl, are building their dream home.Learn More