RingLeader Equine Coach Training
Certified RingLeader Coaches Class of 2017!
Arm in Arm Coaching gives clients the added assurance of working with a coach in the Round Pen.
Our certified coaches center themselves before a round of herding with Gypsy.
Visiting clients allow coaches in training an opportunity to test out their newly learned skills with the assistance of Faculty members.
Bonding with a horse is an unforgettable experience and never gets old.
DISCOVER WHAT YOUR HORSE HAS TO TEACH YOU ABOUT YOURSELF AND YOUR PRACTICE. ADD JOY AND PRESENT-MOMENT AWARENESS TO YOUR WORK, WHILE ENGAGING WITH A SUPPORTIVE COMMUNITY OF LIKE-MINDED PROFESSIONALS.
This coach training, limited to no more than 10 trainees, is designed for skilled coaches or therapists who want to add the power and beauty of equine coaching to their skill set. It’s a fast, intense, and highly effective training program that includes didactic instruction, individual and group supervision, and immersion in experiential, on-site learning at beautiful Blue Star Ranch.
Unlike other equine training programs, RingLeader Equine Coach Training will enable you to quickly develop competence as a coach directing clients in the arena with the assistance of a horse handler. Though you will develop handling skills, you will never work alone with a horse; you will always be accompanied by a staff person who is trained to assist you.
Where: BLUE STAR RANCH in Cashiers, NC
- Six video conference classes and assigned readings to prepare you for the on-site
- 7 Days of immersive, on-site learning at Blue Star Ranch, personally directed by Dr. Trish Ring and assisted by certified faculty with a 2:1 trainee-faculty ratio
- RingLeader Equine Coaching training manual written by Dr. Ring
- Communal housing for the duration of the on-site (no lodging fees!), along with breakfast, lunch, and hearty snacks daily; celebratory dinner on the final evening
- Daily schedule (8:30 am to 6 pm) that includes Barn Skills, Horse Handling Skills, Theory and Practice of Equine Coaching, Hands-On Practice, Individual and Group Supervision, and time to relax and play with the horses
- Certificate of Completion on Day 7. Yes, six classes and one week and you’re certified. Trained and ready to roll. *
- Three hours of follow-up classes and one hour of individual supervision within 3 months following the on-site
- Inclusive of all horse fees, horse handler staff, supplies, classes, on-site training, supervision, lodging, and two meals daily
What’s not included:
- Travel expenses to and from Cashiers, NC
- Dinners (note that the lodging has a full kitchen)
- Horse riding; Blue Star Ranch does not offer horse riding for guests
Successful candidates for RLC Training will:
- be confident coaches, therapists, or helping professionals who know how to support emotionally vulnerable clients inside or outside of the arena.
- follow the ethical guidelines of their profession and the Blue Star Ranch Guidelines for Visiting Facilitators.
- be physically able to be on their feet and practice safe horse handling for 7 full days.
- be willing to fully participate in being coached and coaching peer trainees and volunteer clients.
- have the emotional resiliency to address personal issues, self-regulate, and move seamlessly into the student/coach role even as personal issues arise.
- be willing to fully participate in a daily training T-Group modeled on that described in Yalom’s The Theory and Practice of Group Psychotherapy.
- be responsible for their own energy and inevitable projections as the training progresses, and be willing to address concerns in the T-Group.
- be prepared to receive kind, immediate, and direct supervisory feedback in a fast-paced learning environment.
- bring their own expertise to the RLC Training experience, and experiment with integrating RLC best practices into their own unique brand of experiential therapy/coaching.
- understand the limits of this training, and engage their own horse handlers to assist their subsequent professional coaching if their own skills are not adequate to manage the simultaneous roles of both coach and handler.
Questions? Email Trish@TrishRing.com
Learn all about the RingLeader Equine Coach Training from the faculty themselves, Trish Ring, Meagan English, and Yvette McIntire.
April 5th Q&A call with RingLeader Equine Coach Training Faculty.
March 1st Q&A call with RingLeader Equine Coach Training Faculty.
“The four faculty members are superior instructors, wonderful role models & mentors. Their commitment, focus, & passion is contagious! This training is 5 Blue Stars! I felt cared for, clear on what was expected of me, safe to experiment, respected as a person & a coach & supported by everything provided from the meals to the freedom to take care of business when I was called away. Overall, I am amazed at how much information we received & skill we developed in such a short time.”
-Kitty Flewelling, Certified RingLeader Equine Coach,
Class of 2017
“This training was an excellent immersion in equine coaching. The faculty’s individual knowledge, coaching styles, and great cohesion as a teaching team insured deep and thorough instruction. The manual supported the training very well and has been a great resource post-training. The value of this training far exceeded the investment!”
– Ann Crouse, Certified RingLeader Equine Coach,
Class of 2017
RLCT Certified Coaches & Faculty Members
Learn more about our qualified group of Certified RingLeader Equine Coaches.Certified Equine Coach Bios
Trish Ring Ph.D.
Master Life Coach & Equine Coach
Read More About Trish
Dr. Trish Ring has been practicing psychotherapy since 1990 and has reinvented her practice many times – as a professor, consultant, radio host, author, and coach. She now devotes her time to coaching executives, workshop participants, and fellow coaches at Blue Star Ranch in Cashiers, NC, where she and her husband, Carl, have established the premier equine coaching facility in the American Southeast.
Certified Life and Equus Coach
Meagan English is a Certified Life and Equus Coach™, as well as an author, speaker, and consultant. Meagan specializes in helping professional men and women discover what they want most and what’s standing in their way, and then supports them in breaking through those obstacles to achieve their very best – in both life and career (primarily via one-on-one coaching and Equus Coaching events).Read More
Master Life Coach & Certified Equus Coach
Yvette McIntire is a Master Life Coach and Certified Equus Coach, who partners people with horses in equine assisted ground activities, empowering clients to embrace and express their true selves.
She “preaches” self-love and acceptance as a fast-track path to life fulfillment and believes there is no better way to reveal your level of honest self-expression than in the arena with a horse.
Want more information? Contact us and our staff will get back to you as soon as possible.Inquire Now